a journal to remember..an everyday life experience from a girl, telling a story through her eyes, her thoughts. Life is just getting started for her :)

Friday, September 17, 2010

"Surprise!" Hari Raya Visit

 

No fret, I love it when friends come to my places for a visit . But what I don't like it when they don't tell me the exact info's about the visit. Yesterday, a school friend of mine told me that she would come for a visit. So I casually relax and waited at home.

By noon, my family had to go out for lunch. So I told her that she would have to come later because I wouldn't know what time I'm going to get home. Around 3.00 p.m, I got home but I forgot to tell her because then I was busy updating my blog (ironically). When she asked, I told her that she might have to come tomorrow but she insist on coming. So we made a deal at 8.00p.m.

She arrived on 8, called me and said "We are here," I replied shockingly "We?!!" "How many are coming??" I was actually expecting her alone, and not making any big preparation. So I hurriedly open the door and find 4 ladies, clad in Baju Kurung. My dad was having dinner at the time and my brother and sister was watching the tv and not expecting a party. 

I asked them to wait outside for a while and tidy up the dusty table and chair outside the house so that they all could seat. At this time, I was really ashamed because I had to made my guest waited to be served. But of course, its the season of forgiveness and bonding, so I can't screw it by scolding my friends for this so called 'surprise'. Thankfully, I then managed to invited them in to the house when my sister tidy up and prepares the food and drinks in pronto!

Although I was happy that those ladies were actually my old classmates from high school, get to catch up, I can't help but to think how well I could have prepared if I knew what or (who and how many). So people, do tell any helpful info if you would like to come for a visit. This is truly an experience to remember.

Selamat Hari Raya AidilFitri or Eid Mubarak, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment