a journal to remember..an everyday life experience from a girl, telling a story through her eyes, her thoughts. Life is just getting started for her :)

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Raya Delicacies : yummy yummy!


This are some of the few Raya cookies. We didn't make any this year, just bought them and even receive some as a gift... My favourites? kuih Bangkit, which is made from coconut milk, sugar and flour, baked to perfection, which truly melts in your mouth on the first bite! Then there is kuih Suji which my aunt made which just drew me to ecstacy! I mean, in a good way. Kuih Suji is made from Ghee oil, flour and sugar.

My mum makes the finest Kek Kukus Buah or Steam Fruit Cake! My mum has been making this cake for more then a year. The cake has a very high demand on Raya. Its creamy, ceramelised and full of dried fruit goodness! No, I won't reveal the recipe..you have to order it to taste it! Trust me, my mum is a culinary goddess! The price? RM 15 for 500gm.


No comments:

Post a Comment