a journal to remember..an everyday life experience from a girl, telling a story through her eyes, her thoughts. Life is just getting started for her :)

Friday, September 24, 2010

Green Past, Greener Future



It was 2 a.m, and I was still awake and sorting the certificates in my academic files. I hate last minute work, but I need to prepare for the 10 a.m interview. I was just updating my blog, replying to various interview confirmation, editing and finding ideas of what to write. Still the memories of heartbroken love is still lingering in my mind, "even when, you were never mine."  

While sorting out, I read some of my school certificates, reminiscing the fond memories, especially during all of my 22 camping trips. I love the nature, its where all the magic in the world happens. Being in the lush green woods is just so ethereal, like walking through a mysterious paradise. Then I hardly goes there anymore, ever since I continued my diploma studies, entering the butterfly world, living in the urban jungle.


I close the black file, putting it on the table next to the staircase so that I won't forget. Then I doze of on the yellow sofa, which I turn to every night to sleep .
I was suppose to wake Jack up at 5 a.m, but today, I accidentally woke up half an hour later, grabbing the phone and call him immediately. But there was no answer. Then I got ready to send my dad to work, where I get to breakfast with both of my parents, every single day. Its my most precious time of the day.


My eyes can hardly open, I was still so tired and sleepy. On the way to my dad's work place, I had to keep my eyes peeled on the lookout for the company that I have to go for the interview, which is Basis Bay. I spotted it and my dad showed me the way to get there. We then had breakfast and buy newspapers to read. After sending him to work, my mum made a quick stop at the wet market.

We got home at 8.30 a.m, I then prepare myself for the interview. I was very anxious because I haven't had any time to study anything about Basis Bay. After a quick shower, I wore the outfit that I have prepared, the grey dress that I bought with Jack and the stripe pants to match with it.

After that I heated on the curling iron, and do my hair a bit. I look at the watch and it was already 9.20 a.m. I quickly put on some make up and head downstairs. Me and mum then head to Glenmarie. My mum was talking about something that she always advice me over and over again. We nearly got into an accident, when she tried to avoid a sinking hole on the road. When we got there, I then checked the address on my phone, which I was confused about because the map and the address doesn't match at all!

I panic and ask my mum to do a quick turn to check around. I called Malar, (the one who called me for the interview) but there was no answer. My mum then asked me to ask the guard to confirm it once again. By then I was quite frustrated because I was very afraid to not be on time for the interview. The guard saw me and I asked about the address and he said yes, and mention the name 'Malar' and I said yes.

I handed over my licence (as if I ever used it) and walked straight in. I was in a hurry and enter the building, where a guard welcome me in and I saw an Indian man smiled at me  at the  door and then I walked straight up. A lady the asked me where am I going and I said I have an interview and mention the name 'Malar'.  She then asked me to sit and wait for a while, as she looked busy and was on the phone, going in and out of the toilet.


I sit and prepare myself for the interview, noticing how new and clean the building was. I also noticed that there weren't many staff. The chair or sofa that I sat on was very exquisite. The lady then came up to me, and said that she was supposed to interview and took me upstairs to a meeting room. She was a very beautiful and elegant woman. I found out that her name is Farina, when she scanned her thumb to open the door.

We then started the interview session. I was very calm, but I do stutter because I haven't went to an interview for quite a long time. I also found out that she was a mass comm student from USM. I told her that I was very passionate to be a writer or copywriting, as words can really generates the business world, and the human heart. A Chinese man then walked in, introduces himself and told Farina that she had to come downstairs for a meeting. The funny thing is, I realize that I was actually taller than anyone else.

Farina the gave me a set of papers to fill in about my particulars and also, an I.Q form. I was having a bit trouble to figure out the words puzzle but surprisingly, the mathematic parts were quite easy. It took me  a long time to configure the question. I then wrote down the answer and submit it to the office, there, I also met Malar.

I walked out and left the building. I suggest my mum to to have lunch at Subang Parade. Half way through, Farina called me to come for the second interview. and asked me whether if I could turn back. I hesitate a bit but went there anyway. Farina was already waiting for me at the guard post. She apologize but I told her that I don't mind.

Walking in for the second time, I was really nervous when I saw all the corporates guy upfront. I then remember that Farina told me that I was going to meet up with the C.E.O. Walking in to the entrance on left side of the lobby, I was amazed by the twinkling lights. I actually thought it was a disco lights! I sat down. waiting for my turn and notice the image of green grass which was on the floor and white pebbles that was arrange along the hallway. Which reminds me so much about the garden and nature.

I was then call by Farina 15 minutes later, no sir, I didn't wait that long. I anxiously enter the room and saw the man I saw earlier as I walked in for the first time. As usual, I acted normally but not that professionally. I always tried to be more serious at an interview but fail. The interview went so well, again I told them about my blog, I think I made them think how peculiar my life was like how I fear to drive, why I switch from job to job, and how determine I was to continue my degree, then Dato' asked me do I have friends virtually more or in reality. I told him that I do have Facebook but I haven't been online for 3 months. He then ask, "Why?" I replied, "Hence the name of my blog : butterflystuckonarosesthorn," that made Farina laugh so hard.

I was told to write something about today's experience and submit to them, since I love writing. They also ask me about going green. I found out that the company is specializing in IT for the greener world, hence the LED twinkling lights and the garden like interior design.

We end the interview in a brief and I was really glad that I had the opportunity to be interviewed at Basis Bay. Dato' was very concern about how long my mum waited and ask Farina to accompany me on my way out.This was my one-of-a-kind interview experience. I really support their way in going green, as I'm sure the company are doing it greatly even in a simple way, everybody there are smart and professional. 

 I'm very eager to found out the results for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment